Men's "Something Other Than Straight" Group
Are you a man who has had lingering thoughts and feeling that you are “something other than straight?” Whether you think you are a gay/bisexual man or you’re not sure where you fit, this group could help you to be able talk about, understand, and integrate these aspects of your identity. This group is meant to provide a confidential space for guys like you to come to terms with your sexual orientation with the help of an experienced, licensed therapist. Therapy groups like this are often called “coming out groups,” however this group is different in that it honors that there are more identities than just being gay or bisexual.
Some of the things that we might explore would be:
- Identifying and clarifying different sexual orientations
- Thoughts/feelings about identifying one’s sexual orientation in a particular way
- Reducing shame/internalized stigma associated with one’s sexual orientation
- Coping skills to help deal with feelings of anxiety or depression
- Developing a supportive social network
- What coming out might look like, if you feel that is right for you
- Developing a positive sense of self related to one’s sexual orientation
- Navigating the dating world
The group will consist of 7-9 men (ages 18+) who are looking to talk about, understand, and become more comfortable with their sexual orientation. We will meet for an on-going basis on Tuesday nights from 5:00-6:30pm or Friday mornings/afternoons from 10:00-11:30am or 12:00-1:30pm, depending on how many people are interested and what times they have available. The fee will be $50 per session.
If you are interested or you have questions, please call me, Dr. Kyle Schultz, at 267.225.5605 or email me at email@example.com. I offer a free individual consultation to help see whether or not group would be a good fit for you.